Just got back from the Infor Partner Conference last week….and I gotta tell you that I was floored on all the new features and functions that are coming down the pipe with VISUAL 8. Rich Lagoy and Frank Maglio did a great job on presenting (and demo’ing!) VISUAL 8 and discussing the products’ roadmap.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Macros will be managed within the database
- VISUAL API Suite – That’s right, the COM objects are back! They will be upgraded and incorporated into a full API suite and part of the VISUAL core. Oh, did I mention that they will be supported and documented? What does this mean to the VISUAL user? Integrating to VISUAL will be easier, faster, more secure.
- Built-in Automation of Processes – You will now be able to autorun Global Scheduler, Costing, MRP and VISUAL Analytics
- New UI, Navigation, and Document Information Capture
- New and improved Graphical Document Lifecycle.
- You want more drill down capabilities? You got ’em – even at the order line level!
- Source & Target Navigation – Easily walk through the lifecycle of a document to view upstream or downstream relationships. For example, from the Customer Order you can jump to the corresponding quote and/or the packlist(s).
- Activities and Reminders – You can now create and log activities on all documents – allowing you the ability to categorize and record various “activities”. In addition, users can set follow-up reminders associated with these activities.
- Enhanced Query Tool – Yes this little tool is undergoing a much needed facelift. You will be able drag and drop tables and fields into the query window, export results to Excel and save to the database.
- Wait until you see the View Panels. Major Enhancements! They can display data graphically which you can also drill-down into for details. So many features have been added that each document can have it’s own living dashboard/KPIs metrics.
- Dashboards, Dashboards and more Dashboards – Remember EIS? Those days are long gone and forgotten! Amazing stuff – and very much needed.
- VISUAL Mobile Automation
- Customer Sponsored Feature Enhancements – You’ve asked for them – so you’re getting them. Thank you very much.
These are just a few – but there’s many:
- Print Packlists by warehouse or territory
- Customizable UDFs on AR, AP and GL Entry modules
- View Work Order Receipts option from the Manufacturing Window
- On-hand balance check when backdating in Inventory Transaction Entry window
- Printing associated documents when printing a range of Work Order Travelers
- Security Enhancements – Permission settings to Add & Delete parts, customers and vendors
- Added “Entered By” fields to Customer Order Entry (in both the header and line level)
- Vendor Supplying Part – ability to add the same vendor more than once to a part.
- Added OnDelete and OnAfterDelete for macros
- Supplier Performance window – to compare performance on delivery and quality
I should add a disclaimer here only to let you know that what was presented on VISUAL 8 may change – many factors can affect Infor’s product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor.
That beings said – I’m anxiously looking forward to VISUAL 8!