VISUAL allows you to easily purchase material without part ids and charge them directly to a workorder. This is great option for those situations where you don’t want to assign part ids for materials that are specific to a job – and that they don’t necessarily need to be under inventory control.
- In the Manufacturing Window, create a workorder with an operation.
- Add a material card and leave the PART ID blank. I usually add “Misc. Purchases (Non-Part IDs)” in the specifications to reference miscellaneous purchases.
- Create a purchase order. For the PO line item be sure to enter the following columns (at a minimum) for materials without part ids: Vendor Part ID (do not use the Part ID column)
Seq # (operation card # – in my example #10)
Piece # (material card # of non-part ids – in my example #10)
- Receive the purchase order
- Return to the Manufacturing Window and retrieve the workorder you created in step 1 (ie: 40023/1)
- You’ll notice that material card has now be issued (from the PO receipt) and the costs have been charged to the workorder.