Being in the VISUAL space, I’m sure you’ve heard talk over the years on Synergy’s SmartViews. And you’re likely already aware of the features and benefits – among them being:
- Dynamic and Self-Service Reporting Tool
- Access to Real-Time Information
- 25+ Pre-Built “Best-in-Class” Strategic and Tactical Analytics to drive growth
- Intuitive Interface
- Pivot Tables, Slice and Dice, Drag ‘n Drop
- Trend analysis
- Dashboards upon dashboards
- Charts and more charts
- Database expertise NOT required
- Automated Report Delivery system
A reporting tool….on overdrive….with features so easy that anyone can report, analyze and act on the data.
There are specifically 2 things I like best with SmartViews:
- It’s Self-Serving
SmartViews was built for self-service with its’ intuitive interface and easy drag and drop analytics creation. You can hand over the keys to your end users – and let them have at it. Slice, Dice, Drag, Drop, Filter, Sort, Chart – whatever the combination.And when they’re all done – they can save it and share it.
Think about it…
With users creating and modifying their own reports, you will significantly reduce the burden placed on your in-house (or external) reporting expert. No waiting for reports to be created or modified.People should be empowered to interact with data with a user-friendly application, creating reports that they need and not what someone else understood them to be.
- VISUAL HooksObviously, SmartViews is plugged into the VISUAL database to provide the analytics, but it can also be configured to dynamically interact with the system. Meaning – you can automatically open VISUAL and retrieve relating information depending on your selection in SmartViews.
For example, suppose you have a Bill of Material for a fabricated item, you can set it up so that when you select a material line item of the BOM in SmartViews – it will call up the Part ID in VISUAL’s Material Planning Window to determine whether there’s sufficient supply compared to demand. You can easily click through your exploded BOM for supply and demand info in the Material Planning Window. This is a good example on ways to streamline and reduce time you spend in and out of the Material Planning Window – your planners know exactly what I mean here.
This is just a simple example of the many (many) ways you can leverage VISUAL Hooks in SmartViews.
Are you interested in “seeing” it and not so much “reading” it?
Hit me up for a demo
You can also find additional information on SmartViews here.